Welcome to ISTVS Alumni Community: Whether you’ve got half a foot in the door of your dream job or just don’t know where to start, we’re here to help you at every step of your career.
Make an appointment or book to see a Careers Manager using our online system.
1. What skills and qualities do you have to offer? Which do you enjoy using?
2. What things interest you and motivate you? What about your personality type or your temperament?
3. Think regularly about how you’re developing and keep a record of events and activities and the skills demonstrated by them.
Know your options
1. There are probably far more options open to you than you think!
2. Around 60% of all graduate vacancies don’t ask for a specific degree subject. Use this website and other Careers Service resources to get informed about opportunities.
3. Find out about the skills and qualities required for jobs, along with their demands and rewards. Do they fit with what you have to offer and what interests you? How will they fit with your personality?
1. Now all you have to do is match what’s available to you with what you have to offer.
2. If this seems tough, then don’t despair! we can help you to look at yourself, and match what you have to offer to suitable potential career and job options.
1. Once you’ve decided on your goals, you need to maximise your chances of success.
2. We can help you with all aspects of job seeking – from producing a powerful CV, to impressing at interview, to effective networking.
Get noticed on campus with presentations, skills sessions, alumni talks, targeted emails, open door sessions, café takeovers and much more.
Meet our students at sector specific or national recruitment fairs throughout the academic year.
Promote your opportunities to our students and recent graduates via our free online vacancy system.